Indivisible: A Practical Guide for Resisting the Trump Agenda

Post #1 by Admin » 6 months ago

Who  is  this  document  by  and  for?
We: Are former progressive congressional
staffers who saw the Tea Party beat back
President Obama’s agenda.
We: See the enthusiasm to fight the Trump
agenda and want to share insider info on
how best to influence Congress to do that.
You: Want to do your part to beat back the
Trump agenda and understand that will
require more than calls & petitions.
You: Should use this guide, share it, amend
it, make it your own, and get to work.

Indivisible

This thread is to build on what was accomplished yesterday at the global Women's March.

The one that Trump mocked.

He was under the impression? What - he doesn't know for sure? That truth is as questionable as all the other lies he trots out?

Whatever.

This is what we are working on, and believe me when I tell you (because unlike the president, I speak the truth) the time between now and the campaigns is a VERY small window of time.

The 2018 United States elections will mostly be held on Tuesday, November 6, 2018. These midterm elections will take place in the middle of Republican President Donald Trump's term. All 435 seats in the United States House of Representatives and 33 of the 100 seats in the United States Senate will be contested.

That's huge. And we have got to treat this election as though it is the end of the world as we know it - because it is. They have got to be stopped. Their agenda is to take us back a couple of centuries. Literally. This cannot happen.

@
NiteGuy
- better? :)

I'm going to put the word out in a few places that people are free to use this board as a gathering spot. I don't know if we'll get any takers, but I'm going to try. And I am going to be very involved in helping this country avoid as much damage as possible.

We all have different gifts and abilities. So don't think just because you can't do marches or rallies, or you can't do phones, that means you are out of the loop. You're not. We are all necessary, and we will all mobilize, as a team.

In other news, thank you again for being here. I really appreciate it.

NiteGuy
Conservatively Liberal
Rookie

Post #2 by NiteGuy » 5 months ago

Yes, @
BDBoop
, much better!

And While I don't have a phone and a pen, as Obama would say, I do have a keyboard and email. So, it's all good.

I won't be marching for any local candidates, but I will be going door to door with any pamphlet or flyers for preferred candidates, and building up a stable of local people who understand what it will take to be the next winner, instead of just another also-ran.

Part of what will help Democrats in that time period, will be the fact that Trump will have been in office for 2 years at that point. But it won't mean that for the next two (or four) years, Trump will have been the winner.

Actually, I consider a vote for Clinton a win. Sometimes the loser is the right person for the job and the winner gets to prove why that is so.

That's Donald Trump in a nutshell. In the next two years, he and the Republicans are going to show the American people why they are completely unsuitable for running the country.

Combine that with some good up-and-comer Democratic contenders, and we could see some major wins at the local and state levels. Perhaps even at the Federal level, in terms of House and Senate seats.
Paranoia will destroy ya.

The wicked flee where no man persueth.

BDBoop
aka Admin
Media Manager

Post #3 by BDBoop » 5 months ago

NiteGuy wrote:Source of the post Yes, @
BDBoop
, much better!

And While I don't have a phone and a pen, as Obama would say, I do have a keyboard and email. So, it's all good.

I won't be marching for any local candidates, but I will be going door to door with any pamphlet or flyers for preferred candidates, and building up a stable of local people who understand what it will take to be the next winner, instead of just another also-ran.

Part of what will help Democrats in that time period, will be the fact that Trump will have been in office for 2 years at that point. But it won't mean that for the next two (or four) years, Trump will have been the winner.

Actually, I consider a vote for Clinton a win. Sometimes the loser is the right person for the job and the winner gets to prove why that is so.

That's Donald Trump in a nutshell. In the next two years, he and the Republicans are going to show the American people why they are completely unsuitable for running the country.

Combine that with some good up-and-comer Democratic contenders, and we could see some major wins at the local and state levels. Perhaps even at the Federal level, in terms of House and Senate seats.

We have to assume that he will do his entire term, but it really doesn't look likely. I mean, really unlikely.

Trump Aides Can’t Stop Blabbing About How He’s a Madman

Hayjenn
Rookie
Rookie

Post #4 by Hayjenn » 5 months ago

NiteGuy wrote:Source of the post Yes, @
BDBoop
, much better!

Hey Nite - so good to see you here btw!!

I wish I could get involved in politics at a local level - but my city is pretty conservative. Maybe what I can do is form a Meet-up group of like minded people like myself and then go from there using Indivisible as a guide. I hear it's been a big success all across the country. More than 4,000 groups now formed.

Best of luck in your political endeavors and yes, we need to do all we can to make sure that the D's take over the House/Senate in 2018. I have a feeling that Mr. Moron is going to be a huge noose around the neck of the GOP for a long time to come. This first week has been an utter disaster and I don't see that changing. But we need to keep being engaged and never back down.

ARMCX1
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post #5 by ARMCX1 » 5 months ago

Hayjenn wrote:Source of the post

Hey Nite - so good to see you here btw!!

I wish I could get involved in politics at a local level - but my city is pretty conservative. Maybe what I can do is form a Meet-up group of like minded people like myself and then go from there using Indivisible as a guide. I hear it's been a big success all across the country. More than 4,000 groups now formed.

Best of luck in your political endeavors and yes, we need to do all we can to make sure that the D's take over the House/Senate in 2018. I have a feeling that Mr. Moron is going to be a huge noose around the neck of the GOP for a long time to come. This first week has been an utter disaster and I don't see that changing. But we need to keep being engaged and never back down.

Hayjenn, good to see you here. Hope all is going well. :D
Arise arise he cried so loud with a voice without restraint/come out ye gifted kings and queens and hear my sad complaint/no martyr is amongst ye now whom you can call your own/but go on your way accordingly and know you're not alone

Return to “Announcements”