The bread that was cast upon the waters

Primary clean debate area
NightSwimmer
Thought Provocateur
Lifer

Post #21 by NightSwimmer » 1 month ago

MaryAnne wrote:Source of the post

That would not redeem him in my eyes. He cost us the election. Nothing can change his treachery,and after watching his pompous reaction to Democratic questions made him look worse. How dare they question him? Feinstein did not mince words with him.

I'll never be an admirer of James Comey. That said, he remains the Democrats' best hope for removing Trump from office prior to 2020.

Ironic, huh?
I bought a second hand time machine next Tuesday.
They don’t make them like they’re going to anymore...

रात तैराक Ο κολυμβητής της νύχτας לשחות בלילה.

MaryAnne
Good Friend
Veteran

Post #22 by MaryAnne » 3 weeks ago

NightSwimmer wrote:Source of the post
I'll never be an admirer of James Comey. That said, he remains the Democrats' best hope for removing Trump from office prior to 2020.

Ironic, huh?

I agree, but the insulting PC after filing no charges against Hillary diminished Comey. Before that,I really admired him. Shame,with his outstanding record.

NightSwimmer
Thought Provocateur
Lifer

Post #23 by NightSwimmer » 3 weeks ago

MaryAnne wrote:Source of the post

I agree, but the insulting PC after filing no charges against Hillary diminished Comey. Before that,I really admired him. Shame,with his outstanding record.

He's always been a strange character. Looking like a hero in the George W. Bush administration's DOJ didn't really require much.
I bought a second hand time machine next Tuesday.
They don’t make them like they’re going to anymore...

रात तैराक Ο κολυμβητής της νύχτας לשחות בלילה.

ARMCX1
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post #24 by ARMCX1 » 3 weeks ago

Comey resented Hillary Clinton stemming from the FBI investigation into the Rose law firm. Comey wanted an indictment about subpoenaed papers found in Hillary's private WH quarters but denied by DOJ.

Comey's long-standing resentment of the Clintons came to play last July and again in late October and within the partisan context of the 2016 election in which Comey was sharply criticized by Trump and the GOP after he announced* there would be no charges filed last July.

Comey's no hero of the Republic. He is a skilled inside the beltway Republican power player who at key moments in his career chose partisanship. It's supremely ironic that Comey's hero status stems from Trump's ham-handed effort at obstruction.

Comey's attempt to portray his decisions as those between disaster and catastrophe we're not convincing. According to Comey, exposing the Clinton investigation but not the Trump investigation was the lesser of two unavoidable evils. Apparently he didn't mind being second guessed about the Clinton probe but he would not have been able to tolerate being second guessed over the Trump probe.

* preempting his superior AG Lynch
Arise arise he cried so loud with a voice without restraint/come out ye gifted kings and queens and hear my sad complaint/no martyr is amongst ye now whom you can call your own/but go on your way accordingly and know you're not alone

Return to “CDZ”