Funny, poignant or just plain interesting facets of gender

ARMCX1
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post #41 by ARMCX1 » 2 weeks ago

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (68.19 KiB) Viewed 74 times
Arise arise he cried so loud with a voice without restraint/come out ye gifted kings and queens and hear my sad complaint/no martyr is amongst ye now whom you can call your own/but go on your way accordingly and know you're not alone

Steam Heat
Numbah One Good Time Gal
Lifer

Post #42 by Steam Heat » 2 weeks ago

ARMCX1
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post #43 by ARMCX1 » 2 weeks ago

Very tasteful but stupid. Who knew grooms wanted meat thermometers and that Palmolive was the fountain of youth? (Madge the beautician knew) Some of the vintage ads that I found are disgusting, raunchy and stupid by implication and by graphics. And from the gist of the ads, tragic too.

:)
Arise arise he cried so loud with a voice without restraint/come out ye gifted kings and queens and hear my sad complaint/no martyr is amongst ye now whom you can call your own/but go on your way accordingly and know you're not alone

ARMCX1
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post #44 by ARMCX1 » 2 weeks ago

Trump's WH pays women staffers 63.2 cents for every dollar paid to men. Median WH staff salary for men is $115,000 and for women is $72,650. The counter argument is that men are hired for the higher paying jobs. That may or may not be correct in the WH or nationally but if true, it raises questions about sexism in the hiring and job selection practices of government and business in upper paying jobs.

White House gender pay gap more than triples under Trump.
white-house-wage-gap.png
white-house-wage-gap.png (59.58 KiB) Viewed 56 times

The pay gap between male and female White House staffers has more than tripled in the first year of the Trump administration, according to an analysis by economist Mark Perry of the American Enterprise Institute, a conservative think tank.

The median female White House employee is drawing a salary of $72,650 in 2017, compared to the median male salary of $115,000. "The typical female staffer in Trump's White House earns 63.2 cents per $1 earned by a typical male staffer," Perry writes.

The 37 percent gender pay gap in President Trump's White House is more than double the 17 percent gender pay gap nationally. According to the Pew Research center, the Trump White House gender gap is wider than the national gender pay gap stood in 1980.

The current Trump pay gap is considerably higher than the pay gap observed in any White House going back to 2003, according to an earlier Wonkblog analysis.

Perry's 2017 analysis excludes three staffers, including the president's daughter Ivanka Trump and son-in-law Jared Kushner, who are not being paid for their work at the White House.

In the White House and at the national level, much of the gender pay gap is due to the types of jobs men and women tend to be hired for: Men tend to occupy higher-paying roles, while women tend to occupy lower-paying ones. This has led some conservative commentators to declare that the gender wage gap is a myth.

White House gender pay gap more than triples under Trump - The Washington Post

ARMCX1
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post #45 by ARMCX1 » 2 weeks ago

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (150.7 KiB) Viewed 44 times

ARMCX1
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post #46 by ARMCX1 » 2 weeks ago

CupcakKe. Biggie Smalls (Official Music Video) 2017. Bodies and the politics of feeling good.

ARMCX1
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post #47 by ARMCX1 » 1 week ago

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (92.15 KiB) Viewed 31 times

ARMCX1
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post #48 by ARMCX1 » 1 week ago

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (81.54 KiB) Viewed 23 times

ARMCX1
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post #49 by ARMCX1 » 1 week ago

Nikola Tesla is the famous scientist.

Return to “Gender Equality”