About this forum

In this forum registered users have limited moderation powers. You cannot threadban due to current limitations of the forum software, but you can lock your own topics.
Okashii
Antifa Yukihyou
Former Staff

About this forum

Post #11 by Okashii » 10 months ago

Howey wrote:Source of the post

This is why I recommended to them that they have an individual th. Example: If I start an OP and don't want some goofball trolling it, I simply ban him from the thread.

That is currently unavailable with this software. I'm looking into it, though, believe me.
"The more you tighten your grip, Tarkin, the more star systems will slip through your fingers." -Princess Leia Organa

tnbskts
British expat

About this forum

Post #12 by tnbskts » 10 months ago

Yes, free forum software often doesn't have a lot of the bells and whistles that something like vbulletin has, which needs to keep coming up with new functionality to make it worth the cost of the licence. In a forum like phpbb you sometimes need a blunter instrument to achieve your goal.
"They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance." Terry Pratchett via Granny Weatherwax

“Look towards the Republican Party in America and shudder. ‘Make America Great Again!’ cries a man who is fascist in all but name.” JK Rowling

ARMCX1
Former Staff
Former Staff

About this forum

Post #13 by ARMCX1 » 7 months ago

This forum software works pretty well in my opinion. We need committed members who spend time posting here and which doesn't require abandoning their other sites.
Arise arise he cried so loud with a voice without restraint/come out ye gifted kings and queens and hear my sad complaint/no martyr is amongst ye now whom you can call your own/but go on your way accordingly and know you're not alone

CPRIN
Rookie
Rookie

About this forum

Post #14 by CPRIN » 7 months ago

I don't have another site and see many buttons and options here which I think is a good thing. I'm exploring how to link it to my other activities on my facebook and twitter so I can share more when I'm not too overloaded. I've been in discussions with people in the comments sections on different news articles I've entered but it becomes hard to follow due to the amount of comments or the people in the replies get very angry and it becomes so awful and mean spirited that I just leave the convo. I haven't seen so many options like the menus here on this site and all the smileys at the bottom are cute. I've never seen so many types and this even beats my phone.

BDBoop
aka Admin
Media Manager

About this forum

Post #15 by BDBoop » 7 months ago

CPRIN wrote:Source of the post I don't have another site and see many buttons and options here which I think is a good thing. I'm exploring how to link it to my other activities on my facebook and twitter so I can share more when I'm not too overloaded. I've been in discussions with people in the comments sections on different news articles I've entered but it becomes hard to follow due to the amount of comments or the people in the replies get very angry and it becomes so awful and mean spirited that I just leave the convo. I haven't seen so many options like the menus here on this site and all the smileys at the bottom are cute. I've never seen so many types and this even beats my phone.

Hello! I'm glad you're making yourself at home. At some point in the future, we hope to see this board be not so quite left-leaning, but for now? MAN we've got a wonderful group of posters.

If some moderates show up, we'll be happy to welcome them aboard. We just have no tolerance for insanity, and that's pretty much the right-wing in a nutshell.

Return to “You Be the Mod”